When you travel with kids, it’s wonderful to have brand new toys for your child to discover during the trip. New toys are exciting and give your child something to look forward to. But having to purchase new travel toys for each trip can add up. Are there toys that will "grow" with your child and help keep them entertained for years of
happy travel? Absolutely!
Here are our picks for 6 great travel toys that will amuse your toddler (or even your baby!) and also entertain an older child.
1. Sassy Look Photo Book – you could go with a more standard photo album if your child is already older, but for a baby travel toy, this one wins our first pick. Endlessly adaptable, you can read all about why we love this great travel toy in our Top Ten Baby Travel Toys. The best part? This great baby travel toy is also a great toddler travel toy and a great travel toy for kids, too!
2. Iplay Peek-A-Boo Bag ?Everything A To Z – Baby will enjoy teething on the cloth edges and squishing the bean bag between their fingers, making this a great baby travel toy. Your toddler will enjoy finding the hidden objects and beginning to name them, making this a great toddler travel toy. An older child can search for items that begin with a specific letter, or items that are a certain color, making this a great travel toy for kids of all ages! You can read more about this great travel toy in our list of great toddler travel toys.
3. Schylling Magnetic Sketch and Erase Board – As we’ve shared with you before, this is one of the best toddler travel toys we’ve bought. We love it for mess-free drawing on the go. Our toddler loves this great travel toy and so do her much older friends. Slide to erase and the fun starts all over again, making this great toddler travel toy a wonderful big kid travel toy, too!
4. Wiki Stix Rainbow Pak – Toddlers will enjoy squishing these between their fingers and exploring what they can do. Older children can really build with them, or follow a pattern to make different pictures/letters/numbers. Wiki Stix can be played with again and again, making this a great travel toy that will keep your children amused from toddler to "big kid".
5.Little Airport Sticker Activity Book – When we first introduced our daughter to this excellent travel toy, she enjoyed sticking the stickers on, one on top of the other and looking at the background scene like an unrelated picture in a book. Now, she gets that the stickers are related to the background, and scatters them all over the picture. Soon, she’ll learn to place them in appropriate ways and tell a story with them. From great toddler travel toy to great travel toy for kids, sticker scenes really "grow" with your child. This is just one of the many reasons we chose sticker scenes to be one of our ways to travel with a toddler.
6. Rhino Toys Oball Rattle – It’s a baby rattle, it’s a toddler ball, it’s a safe ball for older kids to toss around your hotel room – AND it can be linked on to a stroller/car seat! (Ok, so just maybe we need help to get over the linking everything obsession!) This ball is super light weight – making it not only easy to carry with you, but also much less likely to break Aunt Ida’s precious porcelain, or the hotel television… Our daughter loved it as a baby, which is why it made our Top Ten Baby Travel Toys. She still plays happily with it now that she’s over two-years-old.