Someone emailed us for tips on Morroco.
* Fes – best (and most confusing!) market we’ve ever seen. anywhere. Pay an official guide from the tourist office to take you around or you’ll never find the tanneries.
* Marrakech and Djemaa el Fna market
* Meknes and Marrakech are much more manageable markets than Fes – you don’t need a guide there.
* Meknes/Volubilis (easily accesible by train from Fes). For Volubilis hire a taxi.
* Hassan II Mosque in Casablanca
* Erfoud/Merzuga Dunes – we wished we’d spent more time here. You might enjoy a night in the desert, there’s many companies that enjoy camel trips into the desert. Wendy didn’t like sand in the hair/mouth/etc, scorpions on the desert floor, etc 🙂 The camels also didn’t seem well taken care of – we did our camel desert trip in the UAE where the camels lived better than we do 🙂
* Todra and Dades Gorges are great hiking (Hotel Timbuktu – converted Ksour – wow! and cheap)
* Driving through the Atlas Mountain
Remember that Moroccans will haggle like mad over everything – but to them it’s a sport, and if you manage to make them laugh you’ve won!