Living in California Wine Country as we do, we’re literally surrounded by wine. Sonoma County is home to literally hundreds of wineries, from a small family-run winery like Mounts to much larger vineyards like Korbel. We love being able to go wine tasting any day we want, and indulge our passion for great wine. Wine Country is also full of ways to get into the holiday spirit. You can Take a Free Carriage Ride around Railroad Square in Santa Rosa, play in the “snow” at the Tree Lighting in Windsor, or enjoy Fabulous Christmas Lights which Make Wine Country Sparkle for Kids and adults alike!
Not everyone lives in Wine Country, though, so how do you bring a little bit of the holiday spirit to the wine lover in your life? Here are five gifts sure to bring a “cheers” to the lips of any wine aficionado.
- Vinturi Essential Wine Aerator – Simply hold this easy to use aerator over your glass, and pour the wine through. Pour slowly, though. If you go too quickly, the wine can spill out the sides. Otherwise, we find this aerator easy to use and it’s compact size makes it convenient to store. Even if you’re not a wine expert or even a regular wine drinker, it’s interesting to try a glass that’s been poured through the aerator and compare it to one that hasn’t.
- Oggi 4-Piece Wine Bottle Corkscrew Set – Simply place the foil cutter on top of the bottle, squeeze and twist to reveal the cork. Then place the corkscrew over the end of the bottle, squeeze the grips to hold it, push the lever to drive the screw into the cork and pull the lever up to remove the cork from the bottle. Makes it much easier to open all those wine bottles at your next holiday party! The stand makes for convenient storage – no more poking yourself on sharp corkscrews as you rummage around in a drawer.
- Luigi Bormioli Esperienze Crystal-Glass 88-Ounce Decanter A decanter is a very nice way to present wine, and will also serve well to aerate it. It’s also very useful if you don’t want people to see the wine bottle – say, if you’re doing a wine tasting party and want to judge the wine without being swayed by its bottle.
- Wine Skin Leak Proof Traveler – We discovered these while wine tasting in New Zealand. Basically they’re a wine bottle-shaped bubble wrap envelope, complete with a self-stick fold over tab – just in case. We brought back five bottles of wine from New Zealand using these, and every one made it in one piece. These would make a great present for a wine lover who’s planning a wine tasting tour, or to go along with a gift of wine for a wine buff who will be traveling for the holidays.
- Chrome Plated Champagne Bottle Saver Stopper – Planning to pop open a bottle of Champagne to celebrate the New Year? Keep the bubbles in the bubbly with this Champagne stopper. Of course, some people like sweet Champagne, while others like their sparkling wine on the dry side. Which would be why we have two of these. You can never be too prepared. Include one of these along with a bottle of sparkling wine and your sure to be a wine lover’s favorite elf.
These are great ideas!! Perfect for the wine enthusiast this season. Thanks!!